- 1 twelve-ounce package of Valicente Organico Duck Confit Ravioli
- 2 ½ cups homemade or low salt chicken broth
- ¼ cup tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2-inch piece of ginger peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut, canola, or peanut oil, divided
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced ½-inch thick
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts sliced thinly on a diagonal
Boil the ravioli in 6 quarts of salted water, setting the timer for 3 minutes once they float to the surface of the pot, about 8 minutes total.
Meanwhile, combine the stock, soy sauce, mirin and ginger in a small pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to low and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the sesame oil.
Heat 1-tablespoon coconut/other oil in a 12-inch skillet over high heat. When the pan begins to smoke add half of the mushrooms and sear, undisturbed, 30 seconds. Season lightly with salt, toss to combine, and cook another 1 to 2 minutes, tossing occasionally, until golden brown and crispy. Remove to a platter and repeat with remaining mushrooms.
Divide the ravioli, mushrooms and scallions evenly among 4 bowls. Ladle 4 to 5 ounces of liquid into each bowl and serve immediately.
Keep It Simple: Duck Confit Ravioli
Combine 1 stick of butter, a 2-inch piece of ginger (peeled and thinly sliced), and 2 cloves minced garlic in a 10-inch frying pan. Bring up to a simmer over medium-low heat. Allow the butter to foam and turn a golden brown. Remove from heat, strain and toss with cooked Valicente Organico Duck Confit Ravioli.