- 6 cups shredded coleslaw vegetables (red and green cabbage, carrots)
- ½ small red onion, julienned
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, washed and coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
At home: Toss the cabbage, carrots, red onion, and cilantro together and store in a plastic bag. Combine the vinegar, pickle juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a jar and stir until the salt and sugar are dissolved. Add the mayonnaise and sour cream, cover the jar and shake to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
At the campsite: Coat the vegetables with the dressing 30 minutes to one hour before serving. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.