- 1½ pounds new potatoes or baby potatoes, blanched and tender
- 4 cloves black garlic or roasted garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chives, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh dill, tarragon, or parsley
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- Salt, pepper, and sugar to taste
Preheat the grill to medium high heat. Mash the garlic with a fork, adding a generous pinch of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil, until it becomes a paste. Add remaining oil, vinegar, and pepper to taste. Whisk to make a wellcombined vinaigrette.
Toss the potatoes with the vinaigrette, enough to lightly coat. Grill the potatoes whole, until they gain a nice char. Remove and toss with remaining vinaigrette and fresh, coarsely chopped herbs.
To make the dill cream, whisk the sour cream with lemon zest, dash of the lemon juice, fresh dill, shallot, salt, pepper, and sugar. Taste and add more lemon juice until reaching desired flavor. Serve on the side of the grilled potatoes.