- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Coarse salt
Sift together flours, salt and peppers. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Add cheese, hazelnuts and milk and mix into a dough. Chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Roll out on a floured board and cut into small rounds. Sprinkle the top of each with flaky salt. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
Cool on a wire rack and store in airtight tins.